Planning to make an apple pie, a peach-blueberry cobbler, zucchini and cauliflower curry (& maybe some roti or paratha), cream of cauliflower soup, roots & greens stew (also with zucchini), and like 6 loaves worth of bread dough, freezing all but 1 loaf. And here’s why I think this is so cool, and everyone should think about trying this.
1) it’s cheap
2) it’s easy to get vegan (or other dietary restriction) food
3) it’ll be made my way, since I’m making it
4) the food quality ought to improve with practice (as opposed to going out to eat, where the food quality is pretty static)
5) I’m not paying out the ass to middlemen who don’t add corresponding value to my food. (mostly prepared from produce from a nonchain local market, and the nearby food co-operative)
6) It’s healthy.
7) If I do all the work now, and freeze the food, I can have a homemade meal conveniently later, without having to do lots of work at the time.
8) It gives me something productive to do with my weekend rather than spend half a day playing with my web journal or trying to scam all the Genji gear off of Elmdor (yay final fantasy tactics)